Flotation therapy | What does it mean?
Floating is a weightless and without incentives way to float on salted water in your own floating room. The water is saturated and 1/3 part in the water is mineral magneseium and salt. The body’s own magnesium, the weightless, the warmth and the peace contribute to the relaxation and balance. The blood flow improves, your breathing and heart rhythm slows down, and the blood pressure and brain frequency drops down. This way, the body gets the chance to restore the natural balance where all parts and systems work together so you will feel reborn.
- 1 hour of floating is equal to 5 hours of sleep.
- Relieves stress and works preventive against stress, burn-outs and takes away anxiety.
- Stimulates the circulation of the blood and the oxygen uptake, hence a better circulation of the blood for the muscles and organs.
- Lowering the blood pressure and stabilises the heart rhythm.
- Improves sports performance due to the intake of nutrients and the effect of the insulin.
- Improves the recovery after a professional sport performance.
- Relaxes the body when experiencing stress, muscle strain and muscle cramps.
- Strengthens the effect of e.g. physiotherapy, manual therapy and psychotherapy.
- Alleviates (chronical) pain as a cause of migraine, rheumatism, fibromyalgia, whiplash and RSI.
- The complaints of PMS decrease or disappear.
- Alleviates the complaints regarding restless legs.
- Reduces and alleviates skin problems.
- Is detoxing (losing weight).
- It helps to prevent pregnancy poisoning.
- Restores the sleep rhythm.
- Improves the concentration and creativity.
- Releases endorphins which gives you a feeling of well-being and euphoria.
- Stimulates the mental preparations for exams, meetings and presentations.
- The above mentioned effects are noticeable whenever you float on a regular basis (a minimum of twice a month).
There are fixed times that you can book to float. These times are:
10.00 am - 11.30 am - 13.00 pm - 14.30 pm - 16.00 pm - 19.00 pm - 20.30 pm
Each floating session is 1 hour
Combine a float session with a massage, face treatment or peat packs.
*Choice between: A relaxing massage of back, neck and shoulders or full body.
Floatsession from 1 hour
Float session from 60 minutes inclusive time to shower and change clothes
Introductory action 2x floating
Curious about floating? Try floating 2x one hour
Floating and a peat packing
Starting with a peat packing with a float session right after
Floating and a pregnancy massage
Enjoy the pregnancy massage and 1 hour floating
Floaten and a classic massage
Enjoy the classic massage and 1 hour floating
Floaten and a hotstone massage
Enjoy the hotstone massage and 1 hour floating
Floaten and a herbel stamp massage
Enjoy the herbel stamp massage and 1 hour floating
Floaten and facials
Enjoy the facials and 1 hour floating. Choice between: Vitalia treatment or luxerious treatment
Floaten and sauna
Enjoy the sauna and float session. Choice between: 2, 3, oe 4 hours sauna entrance
Click here for more information
Remember the following factors whenever you wish to achieve an optimal float experience:
- Consult your doctor first when you have physical or mental complaints or use medication.
- Come 10 minutes early before the agreed upon floating session in order to receive a good explanation.
- It is advisable to eat sufficiently before the floating session but not too much.
- Do not drink a cup of coffee within an hour before the floating session.
- Do not shave (or wax) within a couple of hours before the floating session since the salinity of the water may sting. Small damages to the skin can be covered with Vaseline (is available).
- You can make use of a special pillow to support your neck during the floating session.
- Bring you liquid and container if you wear contact lenses.
- Rinse your ears thoroughly when you are done floating. According to many people, a lot of salt stays behind inside the ears whenever you do not rinse. There are also ear plugs available.
- If you are pregnant or recovering from a childbirth, discuss this with your doctor and us beforehand.
Please remember that floating is not allowed whenever:
- Your menstruation period starts or is supposed to start on the day you booked a floating session.
- You have large damages to the skin that are not fully healed. Small damages are not a problem. You can cover this with our acid-free Vaseline.
- You consumed alcohol or used drugs before a floating session.
- A contraindication generally counts for (heavily) psychiatric patients and those with clinical depressions because, in these cases, the effects of floating are unpredictable.
- Needless to say, people with open wounds or are incontinent are not suitable candidates for floating.
- People with a high blood pressure can reach such a low blood pressure that they faint. However, there as little to no risk when the blood pressure is treated by medicine.
- The same counts for people that have epilepsy.